Nordvpn’s Latest Update Brings Dark Web Monitor and Security Score to Windows
NordVPN’s new upgrades make it easier to stay safe when you are online. The dark web monitor scans the dark web for the email address used to register your NordVPN account, and raises an alert if your details are detected in a data breach. The Security Score measures your current security level as a percentage, and gives advice on how to boost this to improve your safety.
- NordVPN’s latest update brings Dark Web Monitor and Security Score to WindowsNordVPN’s fresh additions make it simpler to stay safe onlineNordVPN has just updated its VPN app on Windows, finally bringing a couple of handy Mac and mobile features to the desktop.
- Similar features are available in the best identity theft protection services, as well as the best antivirus suites and even some of the best password managers.
- NordVPN’s Dark Web Monitor, released on iOS back in November 2020, scans the dark web for the email address used to register your NordVPN account, and raises an alert if your details are detected in a data breach.
- Security Made EasyDark Web Monitor works automatically, but is turned off by default.
- NordVPN’s new Security Score rates your current protection level as a percentage, and gives advice on how you can boost this to improve your safety.
NordVPN’s VPN client for Windows has recently been upgraded, bringing a few of useful Mac and mobile capabilities to the desktop for the first time.
#ITymology— NordVPN (@NordVPN) January 24, 2022
Malware — that’s an easy one to explain! It means malicious software. That’s why “malware” is a portmanteau of these two words. MALicious + softWARE = MALWARE. Now be honest — some of you never realized it until you read this tweet.
The finest identity theft protection programs, as well as the best antivirus suites and even some of the best password managers, all have similar characteristics.
NordVPN’s Dark Web Monitor, which was released on iOS in November 2020, searches the dark web for the email address you used to sign up for your NordVPN account and sends you an alert if your information is found in a data breach.
Security Made Easy
The Dark Web Monitor is turned off by default, yet it operates automatically. If you’re interested, go to Settings, Dark Web Monitor, and turn on the Turn On button to get notified if your information is exposed in a data breach.
NordVPN’s brand new Security Score calculates your current level of protection as a percentage and offers recommendations on how to enhance it.
Our Score was a pitiful zero when we first installed the upgrade. However, connecting to a NordVPN server in our area increased it to 40 percent. We got to 60 percent by enabling Dark Web Monitor as well.
Turning on the kill switch, enabling ‘auto-connect on launch,’ and setting up Multi-factor Authentication on our NordVPN account were among the additional settings modifications required to get us to a maximum 100 percent.
Who Is It For?
The functionality is aimed at new subscribers who may not be aware that their current security settings are inadequate. However, simply by noting a change, having the app security level summed up in a single tiny indicator has benefits for everyone.
If your device’s kill switch is switched off by another user, or if there’s a problem with an app update, the Security Score will immediately flag the issue. In the next day or two, NordVPN’s Windows client should prompt you to update. To see your current version, go to Settings, General, and look for 188.8.131.52 or later.
For more tech news, articles, reviews, tips and more check out Jafworks.com